USED CARS PERFORMANCE MANAGER
Job Title: Used Cars Performance Manager - Volvo Division and Group disposal
Location: Multi-site Volvo Dealerships
Reporting to: Sales Director - Volvo
The Used Car Performance Manager will work with the Sales Managers to empower them to be self-sufficient in the management and control of used cars.
Specifically, this role will coach the Sales Managers at each dealership to focus on stock, assist with pricing at site-level and help to create opportunities across the Group in accordance with the Group’s overall strategy and objectives including PPU and IPRU whilst operating within agreed stocking limits.
- Ensure that the brand and Endeavour brand values and standards are maintained at all times.
- Ensure the Used Car Department operates with the required level of efficiencies and strong management controls.
- Ensure Used Car objectives are achieved in accordance with Endeavour internal budgets and in line with Group objectives.
- Ensure that video1st is utilised for all Used Car enquiries.
- Ensure that the Endeavour Sales Process is adhered to at all times.
- Ensure that dealership Used Car displays are in keeping with the Endeavour and brand standards.
- Ensure that the correct profile of used stock is maintained at all times
- Responsible for the groups disposal of trade cars in line with the group’s strategy
- Coach, mentor and train Sales Managers across all Volvo dealerships in all aspects of used car sales performance in order to increase revenue and profit in accordance with budgets for the division.
- Hold regular performance review meetings with Sales Managers specifically in relation to used car sales performance to monitor and review KPI’s and objectives, and set ongoing future objectives.
- Control payments for new and used vehicles in accordance with Endeavour policies and procedures.
- Ensure Used Car marketing is maintained to the highest level using the most appropriate marketing resources.
- Ensure sales staff, including Sales Managers, achieve and deliver required targets.
- Ensure that research is carried to out to maintain competitiveness of the stock within the local market.
Key Performance Indicators
- PPU – chassis profit in line with budgets
- IPRU- used car finance penetration and product sales of 1.5 to 1
- Used car stock turn
- Manufacturer used car targets achieved
- Self-driven and highly motivated
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven people management skills
- High level of up-to-date relevant knowledge
- Able to work to deadlines
- Commercial awareness
- Leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Results oriented
- Ability to inspire and motivate others
- Taking pride in developing strong working relationships with colleagues
- Passion for the product and brand
- Ability to think creatively to achieve own and shared goals
- Persuasion and influencing skills