CONDITIONS OF TRADING
1. In these conditions "the Dealer" shall mean the relevant subsidiary of Endeavour Automotive Ltd, and "the Customer" shall mean the person or body by or on whose behalf the work sheet is signed.
2. Where the Dealer contracts to carry out any manufacturer's Standard Inspection, Service or Diagnostic operation by name the Dealer's liability shall be limited to the performance of such work as may be prescribed from time to time by the manufacturer or its importer for the United Kingdom as coming within the scope of such operation.
3. The Dealer and its servants and agents are expressly authorised by the Customer to use the vehicle or vehicles referred to overleaf on the highway and elsewhere for all purposes in connection with the Inspection, Service and Repair thereof.
4. All monies due to the Dealer in respect of Inspection, Service or Repair operations carried out on the vehicle or vehicles referred to overleaf shall become payable when such operations are completed and the Customer has been notified that the vehicle or vehicles are ready for collection. Unless otherwise agreed all payments to the Dealer shall be made before the vehicle or vehicles are released.
5. The Customer acknowledges the Dealer to have a legal lien upon any vehicle or vehicles left with the Dealer for Inspection, Service or Repair and upon the fittings or contents thereof for all monies due to the Dealer from the Customer on any account.
6. Subject to any applicable law, vehicles and the components, fittings and contents of vehicles are left with the Dealer entirely at the Customer's risk. The Dealer shall in no circumstances be liable for loss or damage thereto or for delay in completing service or repairs howsoever occasioned and whether by reason of any act or default of the Dealer its servants agents or otherwise.
7. If after the date of any contract made subject to these conditions of business but before payment is made by the Customer the recommended list prices of the manufacturer or its United Kingdom importer for any work carried out or parts supplied shall rise, then the contract price shall rise accordingly notwithstanding the terms of any estimate or quotation the Dealer may have given.
8. Except in so far as liability may be placed upon the Dealer by law or in respect of a vehicle or component subject to warranty, no conditions or warranties are given or implied as to the quality of goods or services supplied by the Dealer or their fitness for any particular purpose whether such purpose shall be known to the Dealer or not. The Dealer will, however, without prejudice to its rights hereunder correct defects arising from the Dealer's faulty workmanship and shown to be such to the Dealer's reasonable satisfaction if notified to the Dealer within 3 months from the completion of repairs.
9. All agreements made between the Dealer and the Customer are personal to the Customer who shall not be entitled to assign his rights or liabilities thereunder to any third party.
10. If in the Dealer's reasonable opinion the operations ordered to be carried out by the Customer cannot be carried out without the vehicle or any part thereof being washed or otherwise cleaned the cost of such washing or cleaning shall be chargeable to the Customer as if the same had been specifically ordered by him.
11. If the Customer shall become bankrupt or insolvent or make any arrangement with creditors or suffer a receiver of his effects to be appointed or being a body corporate enters into liquidation other than for the purpose of amalgamation or reconstruction the Dealer shall have the right to terminate any agreement with the Customer subject to these conditions and shall thenceforth cease to have any further obligation under the agreement and the price for all work done and goods and services rendered by the Dealer shall immediately become payable.
12. If by reason of the Customer's instructions or lack of such instructions any vehicle or vehicles left with the Dealer for any Inspection, Service or Repair operation are not collected by the Customer from the Dealer within 7 days of the Dealer's having notified the Customer that such operations have been completed the Dealer shall be at liberty to charge the Customer a reasonable daily sum for the storage of such vehicle or vehicles.
13. Parts Department
All parts are dangerous if incorrectly handled or fitted. All fittings must be done by an Automobile Engineer. (Our service desk will be pleased to help you.) All claims for shortages must be made 48 hours from receipt. No goods will be accepted for credit after 7 days from invoice date. No electrical items or parts specially ordered will be accepted for credit. All exchange units must be returned complete, clean and within 7 days of invoice. All claims must be accompanied by the invoice. All returns are subject to a 20% handling charge.
14. Any vehicle sold and delivered by the Dealer to the Customer shall remain the sole and absolute property of the Dealer as legal and
equitable owner until such time as all monies due to the Dealer under this or any other contract between the parties have been paid by
the Customer, but the vehicle shall be at the Customer's risk from the time of delivery to the Customer.
FAIR COLLECTION NOTICE
We are responsible for ensuring that personal information provided by you to us is processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998
("Data Protection Act").
We will use your information in order to administer, deliver, and customise the services we provide to you, to conduct market research and customer surveys, and to contact you about our products and services.
Any information that you provide now or in the future shall be disclosed to the manufacturer, its affiliated companies, and other members of the manufacturer’s dealership network. The manufacturer will use it in order generally to administer the services provided to you, to conduct market research and customer surveys, and to track sales data. They will also use it to contact you with offers and news from the manufacturer that you may find of interest.
Under the Data Protection Act you may write to us at Endeavour Automotive Ltd, 22-24 Broad Street, Wokingham RG40 1BA , and request a copy of the data which we hold about you. When you write to us, please tell us which dealership(s) you have been dealing with. If the details we hold are inaccurate, you can ask us to amend them. We reserve the right to charge the maximum fee payable for a subject access request under the Data Protection Act and we may require proof of your identity.
Endeavour Automotive Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) for consumer credit activity (Limited Permissions) (Firm Reference Number 841360)
and is an Appointed Representative of South Quays Limited who is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) for insurance distribution activity
(Firm Reference Number 528881)